Hello! Thanks for joining us on our adoption journey. Chad and I have decided to adopt a little girl from Haiti. We are excited to learn about what God has in store for our family.



www.justlovecoffee.com/thedemuras Support us through coffee!







Thursday, April 12, 2012

Finally Some Good News

I have not posted in a while because I have felt discouraged. Our adoption has not moved a step forward since last May. We had been hoping to travel for upper and lower court in the fall, but heard no news. So we decided to go to Haiti for a little get away and our 9 yr anniversary. Chad and I enjoyed an amazing trip to Haiti in January! We spent some wonderful quality time with Carline. We have been in prayer daily for our paperwork to exit IBESR. Basically our paperwork has been in the same Haitian office(IBESR) for eleven months. Other families have waited 2-6 months and in extreme cases 12 months to exit this office. I have often wondered if our paperwork was lost, not knowing anything for 11 months was painful. We are not able to move to the next step until we exited IBESR...Well today the awaited news came.....WE ARE OUT of IBESR!!! We are now waiting for presidential dispensation. There are still many months ahead of us on this adoption journey. I am just so thankful to hear that we have taken a small step forward.
Galatians 6:9 Let us not become weary in doing good, for at the proper time we will reap a harvest if we do not give up.
I am trying to remember that when we are in a period of waiting, God is doing work in me.

No comments:

Post a Comment